- This event has passed.
17 June 2012
The 2012 PRACE Scientific Conference was held on Sunday, June 17, in Hamburg, Germany.
Top European scientists will highlight advances in large scale simulation and key results obtained with support by PRACE, the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe. The European Commission and the PRACE director will present Europe’s vision for HPC.
Scientist and researchers from academia and industry were invited to participate and learn from colleagues what can be achieved using PRACE services and indentify opportunities for future PRACE supported projects.
The programme include a short meeting of the PRACE User Forum which provided an opportunity for users and those considering applying for PRACE resources to discuss issues with the PRACE management and members of the Scientific Steering Committee.
This year PRACE partnered with ISC, the International Supercomputing Conference, maximizing the value for PRACE and ISC’12 attendees.
- A dislocation dynamics study of dislocation cell formation and interaction between a low angle grain boundary and an incoming dislocation, Bing Liu, Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung
- Droplet growth by coalescence in turbulent clouds: kinetics, fluctuations, and universality, Jeremie Bec, Observatoire de la Côte d’Azur
- PRACE: computing for scientific breakthroughs, Maria Ramalho, Chairman of the Board of Directors, PRACE AISBL
- Turbulent entrainment due to a plume impinging on a density interface, Maarten van Reeuwijk, Imperial College London
- Excess proton at water/hydrophobic interfaces: A Car-Parrinello MD study, Paolo Carloni, German Research School for Simulation Sciences GmbH
- Predictive full‐scale fast ignition with PW plasma amplified laser pulses, Ricardo Fonseca, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon
- A Fast and Scalable Low Dimensional Solver for Charged Particle Dynamics in Large Particle Accelerators, Yves Ineichen, Paul Scherrer Institut , PRACE Award Winner