Type of Access: SHAPE
Opening Date: 17/06/2013 @ 11:20
Closing Date: 15/09/2013 @ 10:00 Brussels Time
Time until call closes:
Full Call Details:
SHAPE, the SME HPC Adoption Programme in Europe is a pan-European, PRACE-based programme supporting HPC adoption by SMEs. The Programme aims to raise awareness and equip European SMEs with the expertise necessary to take advantage of the innovation possibilities opened up by High Performance Computing (HPC), thus increasing their competitiveness.
HPC is a powerful technology that can enable the development of new products or services, reduce time-to-market and cost of R&D or increase quality. The opportunities opened up by HPC are vast and an increasing number of SMEs turn to HPC in order to create new business opportunities.
The Programme will help European SMEs overcome barriers to using HPC, such as cost of operation, lack of knowledge and lack of resources. It will facilitate the process of defining a workable solution based on HPC and defining an appropriate business model.
SHAPE Pilot is the trial phase of the programme and it aims to work with selected SMEs in order to help them adopt HPC.
Call related links
- The press release on the launch of the SHAPE call can be found here.
- The press release on the awarded projects can be found here.
- The White Papers created from the SHAPE call can be found here.
- Details of awarded projects can be found here.
Call related documents
- SHAPE Pilot Information for HPC Service Providers – Additional information for HPC providers
- SHAPE Pilot Summary – This flyer describes SHAPE – the HPC Adoption Programme for European SMEs
- SHAPE Pilot Annexes – Includes Call for Proposals Leaflet, Terms and Conditions, SHAPE Flyer and Application form
THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL APPLICANTS.
Reports of projects will appear as White Papers and can be found here.
Results of projects will appear here.
Other call related results
Articles created on SHAPE Pilot projects results include the following:
- Juan Yacht Design teams up with PRACE SHAPE to make faster sailboats
- PRACE SHAPE and OPTIMA Pharma for cleaner clean rooms
- PRACE SHAPE and NSilico pool HPC knowledge to develop faster sequencing methods
- PRACE SHAPE and NEXIO SIMULATION: Amping up electromagnetic modelling
- PRACE SHAPE and Albatern: Producing power from waves
- Toward Better Failure Prediction for Crash Simulations using HPC
- IDC Awards SHAPE-user Nexio Simulation
- 2014 Annual HPCwire Readers Choice Awards: PRACE and partners awarded!