Types of Access: Project Access
Opening Date: 05/03/2019 @ 13:22
Closing Date: 30/04/2019 @ 10:00 Brussels Time
Time until call closes:
Full Call Details:
Opening date: 05 March 2019
Closing date: 30 April 2019, 10:00 CEST
Applicants’ reply to scientific reviews: Mid-July 2019
Submission of Progress Reports (Multi-year Projects) / Final Reports (Single-year Projects): 05 June 2019 @ 10:00 CEST
Communication of allocation decision: End of September 2019
Allocation period for awarded proposals: 01 October 2019 – 30 September 2020
Type of Access: Single-year Project Access and Multi-year Project Access
Industry Access Pilot
Call 19 offers Principal Investigators from industry the possibility to apply for Single-year access to a special Industry Track which prioritises 10% of the total resources available (see Eligibility Criteria in the Terms of reference document – page 11).
Pilot Phase from the European ICEI project – Fenix Research Infrastructure
This call includes the opportunity to benefit from resources by the European ICEI project, contributed as a Pilot Phase.
The computer systems (called Tier-0 systems) and their operations that are accessible through PRACE are provided for this 19th call by 5 PRACE hosting members: BSC representing Spain, CINECA representing Italy, ETH Zurich / CSCS representing Switzerland, GCS representing Germany, and GENCI representing France.
Scientists and researchers can apply for access to PRACE resources. Industrial users can apply if they have their head offices or substantial R&D activity in Europe.
The Call is open to:
- Project Access: Proposals can be based on a 12-months schedule (Single-year Projects), or, on a 24- or 36-months schedule (Multi-year Projects). The allocation of awarded resources is made 1 year at a time with provisional allocations awarded for the 2nd and 3rd year.
- Additionally, the Call:
- Reserves 0.5% of the total resources available for this call for Centres of Excellence (CoE) as selected by the European Commission under the E-INFRA-5-2015 call for proposals.
- Includes an Industry Access track that prioritises 10% of the total resources available for this call for proposals for Single-year projects with a Principal Investigator from industry
- Includes a Pilot Phase from the European ICEI project (Fenix Research Infrastructure)
The PRACE Access Committee, composed of leading international scientists and engineers, ranks the proposals received and produces a recommendation to award PRACE resources based on scientific and technical excellence.
Call related documents
The following three documents form the reference for this call:
- The Terms of Reference can be found here.
- The Technical Guidelines for Applicants can be found here.
- The form for the Project Scope and Plan can be found here.
PRACE systems available in this call
|HAWK(*)||HPE System||GCS@HLRS (DE)||460 million||35 million|
|Joliot Curie – AMD||BULL Sequana X1000/XH2000<||GENCI@CEA (FR)||343 million (2.7 million)||15 million|
|Joliot Curie – SKL||BULL Sequana X1000||GENCI@CEA (FR)||132 million (2.7 million)||15 million|
|Joliot Curie – KNL||BULL Sequana X1000||GENCI@CEA (FR)||94 million (1.5 million)||15 million|
|JUWELS||BULL Sequana X1000||GCS@JSC (DE)||70 million (1.5 million)||35 million|
|Marconi-Broadwell(*)||Lenovo System||CINECA (IT)||36 million (1 million)||15 million|
|Marconi-KNL(*)||Lenovo System||CINECA (IT)||408 million (6 million)||30 million|
|MareNostrum||Lenovo System||BSC (ES)||240 million (5 million)||30 million|
|Piz Daint||Cray XC50 System||ETH Zurich / CSCS (CH)||544 million (8 million)||68 million
Use of GPUs
*Please consult Section 2 of the Call 19 Terms of Reference for important details on the availability and technical aspects of these systems.
Call related links
- The first press release on the awarded projects can be found here.
- The second press release on the awarded projects can be found here.
- Details of awarded projects can be found here.
Reports of projects will appear here.
Results of projects will appear here.