Type of Access: Project Access
Opening Date: 09/02/2015 @ 13:20
Closing Date: 18/03/2015 @ 12:00 Brussels Time
Time until call closes:
Full Call Details:
The 11th PRACE Regular Call for Proposals yielded 107 eligible proposals of which 18 were awarded a total of almost 513 million core hours.
Proposals could be based on a 12-months schedule, or, for Multi-year Projects, on a 24- or 36-months schedule. The allocation of awarded resources was made for 1 year at a time with provisional allocations awarded for the 2nd and 3rd year.
Additionally, the 11th Call:
- Offered the opportunity to launch a pilot call for joint data storage services and resources. This call was a pilot and its future continuation shall be subject to evaluation. This pilot case was proposed jointly with PRACE associated members and partners willing to provide storage and associated data services under the PRACE umbrella including EUDAT, EU-T0, BSC, CaSToRC, EPCC/EPSRC, and SURFsara.
- Reserved 0.5% of the total resources available for the 11th Call for Centres of Excellence (CoE) as selected by the EC under the E-INFRA-5-2015 call for proposals. CoE did not need to apply to this PRACE call – if funded by the EC, CoE requesting access to PRACE resources were awarded PRACE resources from this reserve.
Call related documents
The following documents form the reference for this call:
- The Terms of Reference can be found here.
- The Technical Guidelines for Applicants can be found here.
PRACE systems available in this call
With PRACE 1.0 evolving into PRACE 2.0, a balanced contribution of the PRACE Hosting Members was sought. This transition phase has led to a reduced offer of resources.
Therefore the 11th Call will offer resources on only:
- Fermi, an IBM Blue Gene/Q supercomputer operated by CINECA, Italy
- MareNostrum, an IBM System x iDataPlex supercomputer operated by BSC, Spain
Both systems are suitable for to a wide variety of codes and awarded projects received dedicated technical support at the hosting sites.
Call related links
- The press release on the awarded projects can be found here.
- Details of awarded projects can be found here.
THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL APPLICANTS.
Reports of projects will appear here.
Results of projects will appear here.