PRACE Online Training
PRACE operates 14 PRACE Training Centres (PTCs) and they have established a state-of-the-art curriculum for training in HPC and scientific computing.
PRACE training courses are open to participants from all European countries (European Union, candidates, associated countries and PRACE member countries) at a minimum. Most courses also accept participants from around the world, but local eligibility rules may apply.
PTCs carry out and coordinate training and education activities that enable both European academic researchers and European industry to utilise the computational infrastructure available through PRACE and provide top-class education and training opportunities for computational scientists in Europe.
With approximately 100 training events each year, the 14 PRACE Training Centres (PTCs) are based at:
- TU Wien (Austria)
- UANTWERPEN (Belgium)
- IT4I – National Supercomputing Center VSB Technical University of Ostrava (Czech Republic)
- CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd (Finland)
- Maison de la Simulation (France)
- Gauss Centre for Supercomputing (Germany)
- GRNET – Greek Research and Technology Network (Greece)
- ICHEC – Irish Centre for High-End Computing (Ireland)
- Consorzio Interuniversitario, CINECA (Italy)
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center (Spain)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- SNIC (Sweden)
- SURFsara (The Netherlands)
- EPCC at the University of Edinburgh (UK)
In addition, PRACE seasonal schools complement the PTC training program with three such events usually held throughout the year. One is usually held in Autumn, one in Winter and one in Spring. Each of these is held in a non-PTC country (see next section) and at different geographical locations. Their curriculum is also different and usually varies to that of the PTC events.
Registration for all PRACE Training is free and open to all (pending availability) and these are advertised in the link below.
The following figure depicts the location of the PTC centers throughout Europe.