Based on the proposals the Preparatory Access Type C and Type D reviewers need to focus on the following aspects:
- Does the project require support for achieving production runs on the chosen architecture?
- Are the performance problems and their underlying reasons well understood by the applicant?
- Is the amount of support requested reasonable for the proposed goals?
- Will the code optimisation be useful to a broader community, and is it possible to integrate the achieved results during the project in the main release of the code(s)?
- Will there be restrictions in disseminating the results achieved during the project?
For Preparatory Access Type D, the reviewer should also make suggestions for the Tier-1 selection process.